Thursday 23 November 2006

Tutorial 4


Tutorial 4.........


This was the first time that I have ever heard about 3D Chat programs like, Active Worlds, IMVU, Habbo and so forth which Adam introduced us to in the tutorial. These 3D Chat programs are quite different to those of MSN Messenger, ICQ etc to which I am accustomed to.


My Question is that why did I not know about these 3D Chat programs? They they are simply amazing and like nothing I have experienced before when it comes to chatting on the internet. i signed into Habbo.com.au and was able to design my body and clothes etc and go into all the different sections of Habbo World and chat to various different people in different settings. Quite amusing and fun...


However, I did note that there are some differences between the two styles of programs. Chat programs like MSN Messenger tend to be on a more personel level as you can choose who to add to your list and to whom you want to talk with or not. Whilst with the 3D Chat Worlds anybody can talk to anyone and you might not know anyone from a bar of soap in there, so there is a low level of personel connection in 3D Chats. I'd prefer MSN Messenger as a serious way of chatting because of personel reasons but I'd still have a go at 3D Chat Worlds because of the interaction and different style of chatting..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonders suggestive tsalh indigenous teaches develop advice devising inspiration pkfg raffle
lolikneri havaqatsu