Monday 20 November 2006

Tutorial 2



Tutorial 2......

New Communication and Digital Technologies are becoming a necessity to everyday life. For example, in order to complete this blog, as part of my assessment, I need a computer and the Internet. With the availbility of these technologies (mobile phones, internet and email, telephones) being readily available, the influence to use them is simply unavoidable. They make life so much easier and to communicate with friends, family, businesses and so forth. It's as simple as pushing a few buttons or a few clicks to keep in touch. A lot of my friends and family have very busy lives and so catching up with them in person can be very difficult, especially if they live in another state or in a different country. Classic example, My Brother, he's currently working the Princess Cruise line, travelling around the world, so seeing him in person is a touch bit difficult. Therefore, Email and Satelite Phone on the ship, comes in handy to communicate with him.















When it comes to "meeting new people on the internet" for example..I'm not really a fan..I think its more of a personal choice not to socialize on the internet and a safety concern. I think there are a lot of 'fakers' and 'perverts' out there, which is why i don't think its a completely honest way of 'making friends'. I do though, however, keep in contact via Email, Chat on MSN to my friends which i have known all my life, and have a MySpace (which i can add / not add people), so I can't say i avoid this communication techonology all together and I can't say it has a negative effect...












No comments: